June 2018 - Macaroni & Cheese
Made by: ZAHIRA BAXTRON
MACARONI & CHEESE
1 lb Macaroni
4 Tbsp flour
4 Tbsp butter
1/2 lb sharp cheddar cheese, cubed
1/2 lb mild cheddar cheese, cubed
4 cups milk
1/2 c panko bread crumbs (plain)
1/4 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp dried parsley
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp Onion powder
1/8 tsp dried oregano
1/8 tsp dried basil
1. Boil macaroni to al dente' and set aside.
2. Make a light roux by melting butter until it starts bubbling and then add flour, stirring constantly with a wisk until it is smooth and bubbly.
3. Add in cheese and milk, stirring until completely melted, then stir in cooked macaroni.
4. In a separate bowl mix together panko and all seasonings.
5. Mix half of the panko mixture into macaroni and cheese, and put in 13 x 9 baking dish, sprinkle remaining panko on top and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.